Individuals, companies, associations, schools,
There are many ways to act
Support our initiatives, with one or several donations, by giving a part of your benefits to our association or for one particular project you're interested in. We will inform you about how we use it.
During your trip in Laos, bring with you school supplies, clothes,... Our association will deliver them in villages where they are the most needed.
Come to teach foreign languages and IT tools in a small laotian village during several months.
BUILDING | NEXT MISSIONS TO JOIN
Come with your group (min 5 persons), your association, your work council, to build one of our school infrastructure project (Computing classrooms, toilets, sport areas,... )
Organize with your partners a collect, a sporty or cultural event for the benefit of our association.
AWARENESS AND MEDIA SUPPORT
Promote the association to your network, and relay our initiatives.
It is important to note that your participation to this solidarity mission is voluntary and that the expenses related to your mission are paid by the volunteer.
PROGRAM OF TEACHING SESSIONS AT THE VILLAGE :
FIRST DAY : Departure from Luang Prabang to the village (3h drive)
12 or 19 DAYS : Stay in the village and computer school classes from Monday to Friday, 3 times a day for 1h30 to 2h each. (the schedules are adapted to the availability of the students).
Classes are in English, with the support of a Laotian guide - translator.
During the weekend, there are many activities available such as: trekking in the forest, fishing at the lake, swimming in waterfalls, visiting caves, walking in the countryside.
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners are included and cooked by local people. The nights in the village are in a dormitory dedicated to volunteers.
LAST DAY : Return to Luang Prabang (3h drive)
* Volunteers must be present in Luang Prabang a few days before and after their mission to prepare it with our team.
* There is no session in January and May because this is the exam period for the local students.
* In the rainy season, from July to early October, the village is not always reachable by vehicle. Landslides may also occur on the last section of the way. It takes 4 hours to walk to the village by foot. It is possible that the villagers pick you up using a local tractor (including an additional cost).
PRICE PER VOLUNTEER
FOR 2 WEEKS
If you are a group of :
2 volunteers : 995 $ per person
3 volunteers : 757 $ per person
4 volunteers : 638 $ per person
5 volunteers : 566 $ per person
6 volunteers : 518 $ per person
FOR 3 WEEKS
If you are a group of :
2 volunteers : 1268 $ per person
3 volunteers : 961 $ per person
4 volunteers : 808 $ per person
5 volunteers : 716 $ per person
6 volunteers : 655 $ per person
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
* The accompaniment of a Lao English-speaking translator-guide.
* Transfer by minivan from Luang Prabang to the village (way and back)
* Accommodation and meals during the stay in the village
* Government taxes related to this project.
* Contribution to the running costs of the association (100 $)
EXCLUDED FROM THE PRICE
* Your travel insurance.
* International and domestic flights.
* Domestic transportation other than the transfers to the village
* Your meals, transportation and accommodation costs in Luang Prabang
* All types of drinks during your trip (including water)
* Visa fees for Laos (30 to 35 $ + 2 identity pictures, duration 30 days)
* Options, excursions and extensions.
* Tip to the guide - translator
2017/19 - CREATION OF A COMPUTING SCHOOL IN A HMONG VILLAGE
- BUILDING & EDUCATION SYSTEM -
Our objective was to build a room equipped with fifteen computers in order to develop the IT learning in remote areas of Laos. The sketch of the room is based on a classical module of a Laotian classroom. This offers flexibility in its integration to an existing school and a possible different use in a distant future. We were also looking for a simple implementation, using local materials and building techniques.
In addition to that, the room is designed so that teachers can easily move in between students to help them if necessary.
Features of the computer room:
- Maximum capacity: 22 students
- Dimensions: 8m x 7 m x H 5,38 m
- Floor area: 39.40 m² + 14 m² open terrace
Download project details :
HOW WE FINANCED THE PROJECT ?
In February 2018, we launched a crowdfunding campaign via the HelloAsso website. We have also communicates regularly on social networks. This allowed us to introduce the association and our computer room construction project to thousands of people.
More than a hundred of them were responsive to our project. Thanks to their generosity, we gathered € 11,709 allowing us to build the room and equip it.
The companies Off Road Laos Adventures and Batisafe have largely contributed to the financing of the hall. The Lille student association Help'n Solidarity paid for the making of the school's tables and chairs.
The second-hand IT equipment (computers, mouses, keyboards, ...), comes entirely from donations.
BACK ON THE 15 MONTHS OF CONSTRUCTION
The construction of the computer room has followed the rythm of the donations. When we had raised enough funds, we could begin a new stage of the project.
The construction started in March 2018. And only 2 months later, the foundations, the reinforced concrete columns and the base of the brick walls were installed. In May 2018. everything accelerated with the arrival of the Batisafe team. These volunteers from a French company didn't count their efforts to mount the walls and put the frames of doors and windows.
Then, the Laotian workers went back to work to build the frame and the roof structure before the rainy season. This marked a break in the construction.
Beginning of the dry season in November 2019, the roof is mounted. February 2019, windows and doors are set. March 2019, installation of the ceiling. April 2019, floor finishing, interior painting and making of the chairs and tables.
And finally, in May 2019, just over a year after the start of the project, the electricity network is installed. This marks the end of the work for the local team.